How I draw facial features: a tutorial.
I dont even know what to say besides hahahahahahahahah
here are the brushes??
sorry if some things are unexplained and confusing
this character is Nyo!Prussia btw if some of u dont kNOW
FUN WITH PHOTOSHOP BRUSH SETTINGS is a set of tutorials I’m making, because I realized there’s a lot I don’t know about brush settings :D. I’ve learned so much so far, I hope you guys find them useful as well!
Making more of these as we speak,
- Brush tip shape & Brush Pose (which was supposed to be part 1 but I finished this one first :D) STAY TUNED!
Character Design is using Pinterest, an online pinboard to collect and share what inspires you.
DEAR TIM I HAVE CONCEPTS TO COMPLETE DUE IN AN HOUR WHY DID YOU LINK THIS THIS IS THE MOST DISTRACTING THING YOU COULD’VE LINKED
Cheat-sheet for drawing girl legs sideways. This is mostly from my own observation, and using the straight/curve principal for appeal in drawing.
Let’s Draw Manga: Yaoi Boys Love BL Pose Collection Vol. 1 Suit Version [JP Oversized] Directed by Yuki Shimizu (Love Mode, Ze).
Publisher: Shinshokan. Check out these other books in BL Pose reference series. http://www.shinshokan.com/comic/haikei.html
It actually took me some time to find and locate these sample pages but I decided I’d share it here because I think they’re extremely handy. These sample pages can be found on Amazon Japan in the second link above as well as the Shinshokan website in the third link :3
more like hiptut made rebloggable by request
4 all u kids who wanna study some figure drawing/anatomy
- Figure Drawing For All It’s Worth - Andrew Loomis >PDF download<
- Mastering Drawing The Human Figure - Jack Faragasso >PDF download<
- Figure Drawing Design and Invention - Michael Hampton >PDF download<
- Dynamic Figure Drawing - Burne Hogarth >PDF download<
All the downloads are free they only take a little bit time to download because these are big files!
Once again stressing that this is how I do things, not how you should do things. I mean, you can if you want. But it’s entirely a personal thing, as art should be! Always look at other people’s art, as they will come up with poses you hadn’t even thought of and generally broaden your mind.
Here are some useful links:
- pixelovely has photos of life drawing poses and a system that cycles through them like a real life drawing class! You can also pick whether you want just men or women, or just nude or clothed, or both.
- posemaniacs has tons of 3D models in poses. They’re shown on the muscle layer of things so that you can see how the muscles work! All models can be rotated 360 degrees, and come in varying degrees of camera angles from top to bottom. They also have a fantastic hand viewer which has hands that can be rotated along all axes, although there’s a limited selection of poses and the anatomy of the hands themselves could use some work.
- Some great stock providers on deviantArt include SenshiStock aaaand… I can’t find the others right now. I’ll edit this post when I do!
- Here are some other good tutorials and references! one two